(Click on above image to see larger photograph)
M/V Mellissa R 850 HP Towboat is located at Tennessee River Mile 197.4.
- M/V Mellissa R; 1956 Official Number 271983.
- The boat is a twin screw with approximate dimensions 57′x20′x7′
- The main engines are Cat DC353E series diesel engines producing approximately 850 HP in conjunction with Cat Twin Disc 4.087:1 gears
- The generators consist of (1) Lima 30 KW driven by a Detroit 3-53 engine and (1) Lima 30 KW driven by a Detroit 2-53 engine.
- The boat was dry docked upon purchase in 2004 at national Maintenance in Paducah, KY.
- The boat had the underwater shafts, bearings, steering rudders and flanking rudders all repaired or replaced.
- The 60″ diameter pitch props were repaired at Missouri Dry Dock and Repair.
- All the cutlass and bronze bearings in the struts, stern tubes, rudder trunks and steering jockey bars were replaced.
- All the skin coolers that provide cooling water to the engines were removed and replaced.
- The hull was sandblasted and coated with coal tar epoxy.
- The upper deck, deckhouse and all attachments were sandblasted and coated with two coats of epoxy.
- All the space air conditioning and heating systems were replaced.
- All flooring in cabin spaces was replaced.
- The boat was equipped with all proper lighting and navigational instrumentation.
Asking Price: $400,000.00